I just got Thermage (-ed)! [Review + Invite]


Want a face lift and skin tightening without going under the knife? Okay fine, I didn't get Thermage for that reason. For the younger ones like me, you know how we are so concern about wanting a smaller face every time after we watch a series of Korean drama or some Korean girl group's MV? The popularity of plastic surgery is getting common all over the world making us considering to even have one for our own some day. It gets worst when you hear that teens in Korea gets their first surgery as a gift for their birthday. It's their culture. 


I generally don't have an issue with my face other than it being annoying sometimes with the hormonal breakout and enlarged pores. I was invited to try and review this fun toy that actually surprised me instantly. My face looked smaller, for real! Trust me, I couldn't believe my eyes in the beginning too. I have pictures at the end but here's a rough idea what Thermage is all about. 

It's a safe, non-invasive, radiofrequency (RF) cosmetic procedure that's clinically proven to help smooth, tighten and contour skin for an overall younger looking appearance. Again, my purpose was not to look younger, that's for those older people looking for a face lift. The younger ones will find this machine rather intriguing for its ability to help contour your face. Plus, it works to rejuvenate the skin by giving a kick to the collagen in my skin to stimulate collagen growth. Over time, new and remodeled collagen is produced to further tighten and contour skin. 

The treatment delivers natural looking results with little to no downtime - suitable for all skin colours, on and off the face. It's not just for face but you can use it on any part of the body. Other than being awesome for not having any surgical instruments going through your skin, what's great about Thermage is that this is a single treatment machine, the results may last for years. This short procedure (about 45 - 90 minutes) comes with no follow up treatment. 


I did Thermage treatment at iHeal Aesthetics in Midvalley. Their clinic is wonderful, they have everything to make sure that their customers are comfortable. Picture above is a lounge area and below is where you get to touch up your makeup with the provided cosmetics.



Like any other center, they will always scan your face first. They are using one of the top-notch face scanners which only been used by the professionals. Then they guided me to the room for my treatment. 

Aesthetic machine

Conductor patch that was stuck to my back. 

The Thermage tip. 

Thermage tool.

Here's the procedure 


First, cleanse my face.

Mark my face. Used alcohol, smelled strong so I breathe through my mouth for a while until the marking is done. Marking is necessary to ensure all parts of the skin is covered during the treatment. 



They applied some gel on my skin to help ease the tool contact to my skin. I'm going to be honest to say that there is a slight discomfort/pain during this process. When the RF shoots on the particular area, some times, on those areas where there's a nerve, it stings like bloody hell! It felt like a zap + heat to your nerve. Goodness gracious, I had to take my mind off the pain by thinking about horrible stuff that I'm super pissed about. Lols, channeling my anger thoughts works for me while I was laying there. 

However, I was grateful that the machine came with a vibrating tip where it helps distract the pain away on some parts. Still, warning, you will still feel zapped. I was sweating when I'm finally done with half face, all I knew was just to get the other face over with. Dr Anjalee was very nice and patient with me through the process by keep checking on me if I was okay the whole process. 





Apparently I was brave enough to get to the comfort level of 3.5. It is meant to hurt a little to see results but they can always reduce it whenever we are really uncomfortable. The whole process only took 30 minutes even though I felt it was like forever. When the treatment was done, my heart screamed for joy while I kick back and relax having the assistant to clean my face and put on sunblock. 

I didn't experienced any downtime, no redness nothing which I was impressed because a fair skinned fella like me get sun burn easily even when I'm just crossing from one block to another under the sun. This didn't irritate my skin in any way after the treatment. No rashes, no pimple, nothing. I went home and do whatever I wanted to do. 

The result:


Shit smaller face. I'm not even kidding or photoshop or angle it in a specific way to make it look smaller. These are pictures from the face scanners that I was talking about earlier. In person, you won't really see the difference but when compared it I was crap ass shocked. She said that, the face is contoured because it helped burn some fats on the face thus a slimmer face. My bf was shocked and asked me what did I do to my face when I whatsapped him the picture. lols. Everything somehow felt so worth it. 

Want to know more about Thermage, you're in luck! You are invited for their Thermage Party on the 30th November 2013 (Saturday). 

Just text/email to RSVP, say that you saw this invitation from JQ's blog. She will keep a few seats open specially for my readers since the RSVP dateline is closed. 


*was invited to review the treatment, not paid*
xo, 

My Twitter |  My Bloglovin | My Nuffnangx

Comments

JA New York said…
Congrats on your Thermage. The efficacy of the techniques have been proven by time at Solta and noablative research . We were one of the first at Precision Aesthetics in New York to provide Thermage and have years of happy clients who experienced your similar happy results. Non surgical cosmetics is a passion of ours while providing positive skin care and change without the knife.

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]

The Immense Pressure, The Exploitations, And The Gratifications Of A Malaysian Blogger