Current Skincare Routine [Updated]

Bing!

I'm sorry to say that I am one of those crazy girl with more that one set of skincare regimen. I understand some will say that one set of products with many steps is bad enough but to have multiple products in one step is just too much. Well too bad, I can't help it, I love beauty and skincare, is what I do.

Though, you must first know that even though I have multiple products, those are just choices for mood and what I need at that moment. I don't use all of them at one go, it depends on my skin needs that day. Different product works differently and serves a different purpose.

Also, I prefer using different brands as not every product from a certain brand fits my skin type and needs. Certain product works well but some don't, I always believe in picking the best of the best that works for my skin. It really doesn't have to be all from the same line or brand or company, of course they will say use all from the same brand better so they can sell more. It's not totally untrue but so far, I have not found a particular brand with the best of everything. Even in Cleo Brand Awards or any Brand Awards out there, you don't see the same brand wins for all the categories.

So here goes, my "humble" skincare routine...


#1 Makeup remover
Skinfood Milk Shake Point Make-up Remover (given) - 2 layer liquid that requires shaking before using, mostly use for waterproof and stubborn makeup.

Nivea Eye Make-up Remover (bought) - lousy at removing waterproof makeup but nice as a overall face remover to remove foundation etc. 

#2 Cleansing
When I don't use a remover to clean my face...
Perfect Liquid Cleansing Oil (given)- Don't feel that it does much of cleansing but gentle for dry skin I guess, so I mostly just use it to clean my BB cream and sunblock for those lazy days without makeup. 

Dove Lathering Oil Makeup Remover (bought)- Fail as a makeup remover but again gentle for dry skin because it pumps out foam. Serves as easy cleanse for lazy days without makeup.

My Cleanser, cleanser...
Cetaphil Cleanser (given)- Use this in the morning for it is super gentle and not too harsh on my bare morning face. Avoids myself from over cleaning my face. 

Clinelle Purifying Cleanser (bought)- for those days without heavy makeup, I use this as my night cleanser after those oil face cleanser/remover. It is not too harsh for the skin. 

Garnier Pure 3in1 (bought)- for those days I feel my pores are clogged and need a super deep cleansing stuff, I scrub it on my face, leave it for a while as mask and rinse. 

Eucerin Dermo Purifyer (bought)- for those times when I have makeup on and just want a light deep cleansing before bed.  

#3 Toner/Softener/Water-based products
Love this step the most! 
Avene Lotion Gentle Toner travel size (given)- nothing big, I think I'm using it just because it stated 'gentle toner' on the bottle. I don't think it did much to my skin. I'm done with it already and I'm using toner that I extremely like and I think really helps my skin in fighting blemishes. Stay tuned for that review.

Avene Thermal Spring Water (given)- Love this very very much. Easy, light and odorless. Helps with my occasional rashes on my face. I even have the travel size for when I'm out for gym and sleepovers. Totally repurchasing this.

Shizen Shui (given)- Check my review here. It's like doing nothing but I can't get enough of this. Awesome stuff to detox the skin on your face :) Won't repurchase though, super duper expensive.

#4 Eye Treatments
KIEHL'S Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado (bought)- Expensive but works greatly. My favorite eye cream of all time. Superb for dry under eyes people. 

ORIGINS No Puffery (given)- for those teary nights. Waking up with puffy eyes is the worst, roll this cooling baby and you are good to go. Sensitive under eyes people may feel a slight sting. 

KIEHL'S Midnight Recovery Eyes (bought)- I bought it together with the Avocado eye cream and it suppose to be my night eye cream because I love how calming it smells. I've used it for a few nights but ended up grabbing the avocado eye cream most nights cause I feel I need to hydrate my under eyes. 

#5 Serum and Moisturizer
Artistry Youth Xtend Serum Concentrate (given)- used to love it but it's becoming so-so now. I only use it when I need the boost now. I guess what I still like about it is that it's a serum that caters for younger skin. 

Clinique DDML+ (given)- LOVE THIS THING LIKE CRAZY. Read my review here. Literally my favorite moisturizer of all time. I'm already down to half a bottle, getting sadder everyday because I know I will be emptying this product soon and fast cause I use it everyday and night. D: I may repurchase this if I have no other moisturizer to try/review after this. 

#6 Pucker Up
Vaseline (bought)- if you don't have a tub of Vaseline at home, please run to the nearest pharmacy and get one cause it is a multipurpose product. I used to use this as my lip treatment after moisturizing. Then comes the next product.

ORIGINS Drink Up (given)- God I like this a lot. I use it at home, at work, at events, at everywhere. I've gotten used to it being in the tube with the hassle of squeezing it out of the tube. Nice stuff for your lips :)

[not in picture] Mistral Shea Butter (given)- multipurpose balms but using it more as an aromatherapy happy thoughts scent balm before bed. Reviews here.

#7 Everywhere Else
Body lotion all works the same so I won't even bother naming all of them out. I'm not particular with them as long as they moisturizes my skin after applying it. I'm also using other hand cream like Yes! Nurse handcream which I really like too. Yes! Nurse handcream review here. 

#Pre-Loved
The two unfinished beauty product, or more like products that I use few times and something better comes along.

Freshel Whitening Gel (given)- I really wanted to like this but it just wasn't giving me enough umph on my face. I was really hoping this 5in1 product will do great for me, just unfortunate that it didn't.

Organic Aid Vitamin E Oil (given)- I wanted to get back to using pure vitamin e oil for my face when my face was in serious parchness. Used for a while as night moisturizer until Clinique DDML+ came and kick it off my skincare routine. Ohhh... just too bad.

What's in your favourite skincare routine? 
I would love to hear the products that works for you. 

xo, 

My Twitter |  My Bloglovin | My Nuffnangx

Comments

Caroline said…
Wow! Get to know some new products here! i think im gonna hunt for the eye cream part. ><
fashgrace said…
wow! that's soo many skin care you got there. it's quite true that same brand do not provide the best result for all categories. i'm using laneige by the way~
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
Hey I'm using Cetaphil too hehe
hunnyandvanilla said…
Wow. That's a lot! But as long as it serves the purpose, it's all good.

Discovered new products! I'm looking for an eye cream right now so yeah. I'll try that.

True. Buying everything from the same line isn't really the best thing to do when it comes to skin care products.

My favorite product right now is Skinfood Black Sugar Perfect First Serum. Help me remove dead skin cells and impurities.
xx, Mira

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]

The Immense Pressure, The Exploitations, And The Gratifications Of A Malaysian Blogger