Mooncake Sifu of Genting & Make my own!

Genting invited some bloggers from nuffnang to gather and had a moment to taste Genting's authentic yummy assorted mooncakes. I wasn't invited but I was still interning there and my exec was so nice to let me loose so that I could join them while cover the event for social media. :D Of course, I took my chances to blog about this occasion too!

Before this, I've already bought some back for my family and friends. Genting started selling mooncakes rather early as mid-autumn festival is only on 30th September 2012. Plus, early birds gets 20% discount and 30% for those buying 50 boxes and above.

I'm not gonna explain everything so please check http://www.rwgenting.com/ for more mooncake information.


Let's get started with the mooncakes itself.

My preference are Snow Skin Mango Paste, Snow Skin with Kiwi Fruit Paste, Low Sugar White Lotus Paste, Red Bean Paste, Healthy White Lotus Paste with Spirulina Skin, White Lotus Paste With Black Sesame Yolk (I wish it is without yolk)

In short, I'm not a yolk in mooncake person. Thus, as much as the Golden Jade with Single Yolk is yummy, is not in my preferred list due to the yolk except for the black sesame because I love black sesame. Rather bias that way.









Preparation tools and ingredients + meet the people!

















In the process of learning!








It's my turn!
Steps to remember:
  1. Roll the skin
  2. Wrap the skin over the paste
  3. Push it into the mold and 
  4. BANG! BANG! BANG! the mold on the table to get you mooncakes out. 





 This is too dry! Tips: not too much flour when rolling your skin.











But some of us are not so lucky :( 
Accidentally hit the mooncake while trying to get it out.


It's ready to go into the oven!

Group picture!
xo,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]

The Immense Pressure, The Exploitations, And The Gratifications Of A Malaysian Blogger