Bausch + Lomb Lacelle Diamond Daily Soft Contact Lens [Review]


I received this in the mail a few days back and I have to rush this review. Thus, it's just going to be a pretty brief one. I could only tell you my first impressions of these new Bausch and Lomb Lacelle Diamond Daily Contact Lenses and how I feel about them after only had the opportunity to try them for 2 days. So here goes.


I like Bausch and Lomb, I'm actually customer wearing their basic monthly Softlens 38 and I have no complains. They are comfortable and worth my money. The new Lacelle Diamond Series are printed with an exquisite pattern that mimics the light-reflecting facets of a solitaire-cut diamond. They claim to help your eyes dazzle with charm while it being a breathable lens, providing all day comfort.  

They have pack sizes with 10 lenses or 30 lenses per box. They are made as daily disposable lenses with 14.2mm in diameters. It comes in 3 unique colours: 

Aqua Glacier - Alluring aqua sheen of a glacier that reflects fun, approaching and refreshing. 
Champagne Brown - Instantly light up your face with the dazzling gorgeous brown. Provides a natural classy demure look.
Pink Rose - Gives your eyes a scintillating sheen that is distinctively feminine. A classic symbol of grace and gentleness.



They all sounds really cool but I ended with aqua glacier and pink rose because I guess the champagne brown would pretty much be quite redundant for my eyes. I like coloured lenses, a lot, but because of my eye colour and the size of my iris, it seems to only be able to look good in certain designs. In order for me to look good in coloured contact lenses, I need something that can blend in with my really light eye colour. 


I believe I tried the Lacelle Jewel Diamond in Crystal Grey before (as picture shown above) and I find them quite pretty on me. So I thought the new Diamond design will fit in well too. Unfortunately, it didn't quite blend in as well as the Jewel design.


In the picture above, I'm wearing Lacelle Diamond Daily in Pink Rose. In real life and even in photos, it doesn't look that great on me. At first, I thought it was just the colour of the lens that didn't quite suit me as I never really had any luck looking good in pink coloured lenses, thus I tried Aqua Glacier on today. Nope, didn't really look that great on me either.

I believe it's the design of the lens that doesn't blend well with my natural light eye colour. It will probably look so much better on someone with dark eye colour.

It's something different and for those wants to stand out can opt for this lens design. I personally still prefer the Jewel design in Crystal Grey or Black.

Although it didn't look good on me, for this review sake, I still wore it out as I wanted to see if it's as comfortable as they claimed. True enough, it actually is really comfortable all day long.

It's one of those lenses that gets more comfortable as you wear them throughout the day. It take a little while for the lens to find its place on my eyes but after that I have no issues with it throughout the day. I wore them from 11am till about 11pm, it was about 11 to 12 hours of wear (not recommended to any lenses this long, I just had a long day out, thus I have no choice.) and truly, by the time it was getting ready for bed time, I didn't have the urge to remove my contact lenses immediately as I didn't felt like it was drying my eyes out.

It's extremely surprising because my eyes usually gets pretty tired after 8-10 hours of wearing any coloured contact lenses. So for comfort, I give it an A+!

Lacelle Diamond Daily will be available at all major optical stores nationwide, retailing at RM42 per box of 10 pieces and RM110 per box of 30 pieces. 


Because if how comfortable the Lacelle Diamond Daily Lens were, I believe I am really going to like this BioTrue ONEday lenses because it features HyperGel material where it mimics the lipid layer of tear film, which prevents dehydration of the lens and allows outstanding breathability for eyes to stay comfortable for 16 hours. Sound pretty promising!

BioTrue ONEday Lens Price: RM125 per box of 30 pieces.

For more information, visit Bausch + Lomb Malaysia Facebook Page.

*This is a paid review. Products were given but opinions remain my own.
xo, 

Twitter |  Bloglovin | Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]

The Immense Pressure, The Exploitations, And The Gratifications Of A Malaysian Blogger