L'Occitane Almond Velvet Serum For Body [Review]


Truly, I'm hooked. I can't get enough of this. I can't even brain it but I really, really do like this product. I'm even praying that one day I'll get the Velvet Balm to pair along with this product.

I love my after shower body care stuffs, I don't pay much attention to it but I love them as my body's skin is less sensitive over my face, thus I don't have much problem with using almost anything to moisturise my body. Yes, I'm one of those freaks who slaps on body lotion after every shower. It's a great habit and I'm rather proud of it.

Back to the product I'm raving, it's the L'Occitane Velvet Serum. This is pretty much my current youth ritual for my body.



L'Occitane has always been big with their Almonds, because almond is well-known for its ability to nourish the skin. They harnessed the exceptional beautifying power of almond from the south of France and integrated it in body treatments and toiletries that are both deliciously tempting and wonderfully effective. 

There's no exception when it comes to the Velvet Serum. In fact, a new technology is introduced, called Youth Complex. It's an exclusive blend of three active ingredients derived from the almond tree: smoothing proteins, stimulating buds and regenerating native cells. This exclusive complex acts on five signs of ageing on the body: dryness, skin slackening, lack of tonicity, fine lines and skin irregularities. 

Velvet Serum pairs the expertise of the youth complex with the performance of Vitamin C to help even out the skin and reveal its youthfulness. It's recommended to apply the serum before the Velvet Balm to boost its effectiveness. The texture is rapidly absorbed and leaves the skin incredibly silky and velvety. 

If you are wondering, why serum? Well, it's pretty much the same concept as our regular face serum, a product to further prep our skin before moisturiser. Too much to handle? Even for a body care maniac like me, I do agree that it will take up too much time to apply body serum and then follow up with another body lotion/cream/balm. It's crazy! 

Thus, personally, I only use this serum by itself and I feel it still works perfectly fine. This product is runny, making it super easy to apply all over the body without leaving any streaks. It's so lightweight that it absorbs into the skin almost immediately. Hate the oily lotion feeling? Hallelujah, this product is made for you. My skin has never felt lighter before, it doesn't leave me feeling oily but yet satisfyingly moisturised. 

And darn, it smells so freaking good. I feel so ready for bed every time I apply this (probably a bad thing if I apply this in the morning cause I work from home, yikes). It's quite floral in scent which can be slightly overpowering for some people. Well, if you hate it, I'm ready to receive it from you anytime my friend. 

Also, let's just take one minute to enjoy the beautiful and luxurious packaging. It comes in a sturdy glass bottle and no doubt will make any vanity desk extra beautiful.

Velvet Serum claims to be scientifically proven on refining skin's texture, reducing find lines, and provides a firmer with more even skin tone.

Price: RM210 (100ml)

Suggestion:
Get the Feminine Touch set at RM490 (worth RM559), it comes with Almond Velvet Balm (200ml), Almond Shower Oil (250ml), Almond Velvet Serum (100ml), and a pouch.

xo, 

Twitter |  Bloglovin | Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]