Bourjois Rouge Edition Aqua Laque [Review]

girl
Picture above: I'm wearing Bourjois Rouge Edition Aqua Laque in 01 Appechissant (Nude)

lip gloss
Top to Bottom: 06 Feeling Reddy (Red), 07 Fuchsia Perche (Pink), 01 Appechissant (Nude)

I'm always in a love-hate relationship with my Bourjois lippies. I realised that I can't seem to love all of them every time I try a new collection and it's really not the colours, it's because some of the formula seem to wear on differently than the other. 

Bourjois claims it to be a Hybrid Lipstick and I do get that because it's very pigmented lipgloss. Check out the swatches further down in this blogpost. They launched 8 colours that are very wearable and acceptable by the society. Also, it's super glossy and moisturising. 


girl with pink lips
Picture above: I'm wearing Bourjois Rouge Edition Aqua Laque in 07 Fuchsia Perche (Pink)

girl in red lips
Picture above: I'm wearing Bourjois Rouge Edition Aqua Laque in 06 Feeling Reddy (Red)

doe foot applicator
Bourjois Rouge Edition Aqua Laque [Review]
Right to Left: 06 Feeling Reddy (Red), 07 Fuchsia Perche (Pink), 01 Appechissant (Nude)

Three things I will agree on: Great pigmentation, High gloss, Very moisturising.

However, I feel there are some inconsistency when it comes to application. I'm in love with 06 Feeling Reddy (Red) and 01 Appechissant (Nude), they go smoothly and opaque looking. Gorgeous. My concern came while I was applying the 07 Fuchsia Perche (Pink), it didn't turned out as opaque as the other two. The formula seemed different and the application is just not as smooth, it requires more of my attention to apply a beautiful opaque layer. 

The other thing is that they all smell somewhat like paint. It doesn't smell bad nor was I put off by it, I just find the scent highly resemblance to paint. I don't mind it though. 

Other than that, they are true to their word, Aqua, because the formula is very watery-like as it consist high concentration of water and Nymphea extract, that contributes to the amazing moisturising ability while being lightweight on the lips. Oh, and by the way, these stains your lips. Thumbs up for that!

lip swatches
Top to Bottom: 06 Feeling Reddy (Red), 07 Fuchsia Perche (Pink), 01 Appechissant (Nude)

Price: RM45.50
Availability: Bourjois Kiosk, Sunway Pyramid/Watsons

xo, 

Twitter |  Bloglovin | Instagram

Comments

INNANIE ARIFFIN said…
Omaigggod! cantik sangat semua colour dia! gonna get one.

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]

The Immense Pressure, The Exploitations, And The Gratifications Of A Malaysian Blogger