Chu Lip Lipbalm [Review]


By now, I'm probably the last to review this but I really wanted to mention this as I can honestly say that this is my current favourite clear lipbalm. Like seriously guys, I feel that this product is like a rebirth of the already pretty amazing Mentholatum Lip Ice.

When I was younger, in my teens, I used to absolutely love Lip Ice because of its cooling effect as well as the overwhelming scent. Literally, when you open the cap of the balm, you pretty much are polluting the air around you with the fabulous berry scent of the product.

When I received this in my mail, I didn't really bothered to open it until I was going through a dehydration phase where my lips get really dry and peeling. This totally helped.


Obviously, it's looking rather ugly now because I've used it very often.

The first thing that caught my attention is the minty, cooling feeling that it gives my lips. This is always a plus point for me because I'm pretty much bias to anything that gives out that cooling affect. I think it's great, especially if you have chappy lips, it really helps to calm the lips immediately. Unfortunately (or fortunately for some of you), the cooling affect doesn't stay very long, it goes of after about a minute or so. 

The second thing I notice is the scent. The one I have is apparently themed Paris, Perfect Memories but really, the themed is the least of concern. I knew the scent was so me and I originally thought it was probably just strawberries, and then I found out that this is a blend of Raspberry, Peach and Vanilla. DANG! No wonder I'm addicted to the scent because it's the type of flavour that has sweet berry scent with a touch of tanginess (from the raspberry) to it. Pretty much like a mix of sweet and sour flavour. Oh so delicious! 

I'm also looking into getting the one in green (Nordic, fancy Nostalgia) because it comes with ingredients such as Orange, Lime and Mango. Pretty much another sweet and sour kind of flavour, plus I absolutely love lime, so  I just have to have it. 

Thirdly, it's surprisingly really moisturising. It really helps my dry lips. It says to have great moisturising ingredients such as Olive Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil and Rose Hip Oil in it that contributes to making this such an amazing product. To me, this goes beyond just moisturising my lips, it somewhat heals my lips too. Double thumbs up! 

Okay, the packaging is quite cute but it's definitely not sleek enough to put in your small dinner clutches. Thus, this is not the most travel friendly balm. It resembles the famous EOS lipbalm which to be absolutely honest, I really don't understand all the hype about it as I've tried it personally and I really, really don't like it. Chu Lip definitely kicks EOS balm's sweet bottom. 

Overall, Chu Lip is really a pretty fantastic product. I absolutely love it and I highly recommend it BUT it's kind of pricey, RM25.90 for a lipbalm is quite unkind to the wallet. I suggest you just get one first and try it out yourself. Only buy more if you really, really like it. For me, it will be a good investment plus one Chu Lip can last quite long. 

xo, 

Twitter |  Bloglovin | Instagram

Comments

Miriam said…
Love the Chulips!
I'm using the purple one and it smells oh so good and it is so much more moisturizing compared to other lip balms.

Xoxo
Miriam
www.miriammerrygoround.com
Unknown said…
Nice picture, it's very beautiful .thank you so much for share with us. please check it out BT password

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]