Jumunjin Beach - Goblin Shooting Location. \\ What To Do In Gangwon, Korea?

(Image source: tvN)

I'm one of those who completed the entire series of the k-drama Goblin (Dokebi), mainly because I find myself hooked to the cast members and yeah... the witty relationship between GongYoo and Lee Dong Wook and their partners. 

It has been a long time since I've completed a K-series, if I remembered correctly it was since Autumn in My Heart (Endless Love) released in 2000. That was 17 years back! And still fresh in my memory on how much I cried while watching catching it on TV. 

Imagine my excitement when I saw this place popping up on my travel itinerary but is it really worth the hype? 

What To Do In Gangwon Korea




Personally, I would recommend someone to go if either they are a Goblin fan and would like to recreate the shot, or they must have a liking towards a beautiful beach. It's a great place to chill around and take a walk as the air is fresh and waters are clean and clear. You can easily park your vehicle by the roadside and enjoy a meal at one of the restaurants facing the beach.


If you are looking to recreate the scene from Goblin k-drama, here are a few things you should know:

#1 Get On The Right Breakwater
Technically, it's not necessarily a must but if you want your shots to be more real then this will be quite important to you mentally. There are a few breakwaters available but fear not, the right one is easy to spot as it has a giant billboard right in front of the actual one that they shot on, and also you'll notice that the line/queue is usually longer.

Jumunjin Beach

#2 Waiting Time
Yes, there's usually a queue but the wait is not very long. We got over with it all maybe within 15-20 minutes or so. Otherwise, just be patient and enjoy the breeze.


#3 Red Scarf, Buckwheat Flower, and a photographer
If you forget to bring your own, don't worry, when I was there, there was a couple renting the red scarf and plastic flower out for 1000won each. The guy will even help you to take the photo if it was only you and your partner visiting the place. 



Goblin: The Lonely and Great God Shooting Location
Jumunjin Breakwater 
Address: 81-32 Gyohang-ri, Jumunjin-eup, Gangneung, Gangwon-do, South Korea

Thanks KTO for the experience!
xo, 

Twitter |  Bloglovin | Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]

The Immense Pressure, The Exploitations, And The Gratifications Of A Malaysian Blogger