Hits & Misses: Physicians Formula Cosmetics


I'm sure by now you all know that the famous Physicians Formula is available in most Watsons outlet in Malaysia. When I received the invite for the event some time back, no doubt I was super excited because some of their products are highly raved by International YouTubers and Beauty Gurus. I'm not going to go into details about the event because it's just another event but I've tried a couple of the products that I received from them during the launch, there was a bit of a drama, which I will explain more further down this blogpost at the foundation review section, there were also some products that I do like.



Before I go into the review, I was originally most excited to try the four items as shown in the picture above, basically all the Nude Wear compact and the Shimmer Strips.

Though, I received four completely different products from them to try, and they are Nude Wear Touch of Glow Foundation, Nude Wear Touch of Glow Stick, Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara, and the pH Matchmaker pH Powered Lip Gloss.



pH Matchmaker pH Powered Lip Gloss

Let's start with something I think it's pretty cool and works quite well too. This pH Matchmaker pH Powered Lip Gloss not only changes colour according to body temperature, it also tints my lips making my lips looking good even after the gloss wears off. The gloss is super sticky, making it long lasting on the lips. The brush is small, no doubt a little bit of a hassle, but this makes the application much more precise and well, to be honest, you kinda do need this precise because it tints the lips quite a bit. The light, is an amazing extra to have. I love the fact that I can either switch it on or switch it off. Super useful especially during the night. Also, I do like the packaging, small and easy to carry. This is definitely a yes-to-try from me!


Nude Wear Touch of Glow Foundation and Stick

Now, let the drama begin!

Before I left the event, I saw the foundation colour from the bottle itself and I can tell that the colour is way off from my skin tone, it's definitely too dark for me. I requested for a colour change, I don't mind collecting the products another day since I understand they will be busy during the event even though the event was held at a hall in their office. Instead of trying to assist me, she pretty much just brush me off by saying "Are you sure? I think it will work, you should go home and try." I was in awe... not only she did not try to help to colour match me to their foundation but also provide no solution if I tried at home and confirms that the colour doesn't match.

By looking from the bottle below, you can obviously see that the foundation is 100% not my colour. Even a guy can tell that it's too dark for me.



Additionally, I went home and swatch the colour on my hand, I found out that not only the foundation was too dark, the Glow Stick was also too yellow for me. Besides that, when I open the Glow Stick, it was broken and got stuck on the cap! I was so horrified. Seriously.

I don't blame them for the broken Stick because totally understand that the Malaysia weather can be very unforgiving to our skincare and cosmetics. Making our lipsticks melts and stuff but after swatching the products, I was completely put off by both the Foundation and Stick. The formula didn't sit right with me and the smell wasn't pleasant at all. I just... can't, there's no way I'm applying these on my face.


Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara

I quite like this mascara. Although the brush is a little big for my liking but I love that it doesn't clump my lashes at all. It lengthen and separates them perfectly. The formula is not heavy that I can layer two to three coats without any problem of weighting my curled lashes down. Though, I find that it does smudge a little bit after a long day. So, beware about that. Still a good mascara in my opinion. I've featured them in my March Favourites Video and a Makeup Tutorial. Check them out below!




For more information, do visit Physicians Formula Malaysia Facebook Page.

xo, 

Twitter |  Bloglovin | Instagram

Comments

Street Love said…
Oh! You've gotten the Glow Stick. I got a concealer instead. Sorry to hear about the foundation shade and how they brush you off. Nowadays brands give foundation to each person with their matching shade at the launch event instead of just throwing you some random shade. Boo hoo!
JQLeeJQ said…
It's okay. It's a good experience, so we'll be more careful working with the company in the future. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]

The Immense Pressure, The Exploitations, And The Gratifications Of A Malaysian Blogger