Hits & Misses: Duplair W Ceramide Skincare Review \\ JQLeeJQ




I received these from TokyoNinki's website about a month ago and here am I with this review! I have never heard of this brand before and don't know how well this will translate onto my skin.

From the website, it's marketed as super hydrating products due to the main ingredient, ceramide. I've heard a lot about ceramides recently but never really understood what does it do to the skin. So I researched it and found that ceramides helps hold skin cells together, forming a protective layer that plumps the skin, retains moisture, and protect it from harmful foreign elements. Apparently, ceramides are also used to treat eczema.

Additionally, both Duplair W Ceramide Skincare products comes with collagen too and we all know how collagen is a great anti ageing ingredient for the skin. Either way, they both sounds good to me cause I have really dry skin!


Makeup remover cleanser
Duplair W Cleansing Gel (200ml, RM54.90)

Let's talk about the first thing that I thought it was just an okay product but I ended up using it so often recently. Trust me, it's weird cause I'm super in love with this product but for some reason, this is perfect for those lazy days to remove my light face makeup. I just pump a generous amount out and massage it all over my face and gently over my eyelashes. Rinse it with water then double cleanse with my OXY cooling cleanser, yes, I'm still using my favourite OXY cooling cleanser since I mentioned it in my March 2016 Favourites video!

Back to this Duplair W Ceramide + Collagen Cleansing Gel, i'm not sure if this is a cleanser or a makeup remover but I prefer to use this as a makeup remover because this gel doesn't make my skin feel thoroughly cleansed after rinsing with water. It feels moisturising yes, but my cleansing routine needs to at least make me feel I'm clean. The other thing is that it smells heavily of lemon, seriously, LEMON. I LOVE LEMON but I don't know how I feel about having them on my face because it messes with my mind thinking that it will sting my face but in reality, it actually doesn't.

Initially I was going to say that you can give this a pass because I'm still a die hard fan of Purevivi's Cleansing Lotion as makeup remover (I literally swear by it, it's also available on TokyoNinki's website) but the fact that I'm using this gel so often out of convenience makes me question myself. I guess you'll have to decide by yourself for this product.

toner hair mist moisture
Duplair W Ceramide Lotion (500ml, RM44.90)

On the other hand, I thought I would use this product more often but I actually didn't. I believe because I only use this as a mask on my face rather than applying it as a toner, thus I don't use this often as I don't do mask everyday. I have a video coming soon on my updated skincare routine where I featured this, using it as mask after I cleansed my face. I soaked the cotton sheet mask with the Duplair W Ceramide Lotion and then put them on my face. 

It has the cooling effect when I first lay the soaked cotton sheet on my face. Left it for about 3-5 minutes, it dries off pretty quickly because the lotion is almost water like in texture. To be honest, I don't immediately feel that my skin is hydrated or what so ever because its water-like texture definitely cause the product to absorb into the skin easily. 

Additionally, it's said to have placenta as an added ingredient for a resilient and healthy skin. Yeay to that I guess. I found out that it can also be use on hair and scalp too. Yup, since I don't use this as often as I should, I guess I will pour them into a mist bottle to spray them all over my hair, scalp and also, as a face mist. Sounds great! I love multi-purposed product!



For more information or to purchase these products, visit Tokyo Ninki's website.

*This post is not paid. Product was given. Opinions remain my own.
xo, 

Twitter |  Bloglovin | Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]

The Immense Pressure, The Exploitations, And The Gratifications Of A Malaysian Blogger