Senka Mineral UV Essence SPF 50+ PA++++ [Review]


Call me crazy but I'm always excited to try new sunscreen. Maybe because I'm a believer of good protection can help reduce the possibility of pigmentation and skin cancer. Let's just accept the fact, the ozone layer is not getting any thicker because humans are still not fully playing their part in taking care of our beloved earth. So, we still have to do what we need to do if we want to look younger, longer. 



Although I love multitasking products, I'm still prefer to have two separate products for my body and face. As you can see, stated on the packaging, this is suitable for both. Usually, I will straight throw this into my body sunscreen stash but for the sake of this review, I did apply them on my face, about three times just to see how I feel about it. So far, so good, no break outs or spots or anything. 

Before I go into the review of the product itself, let's take some time to appreciate this glorious matte tube. I love the feel of it on my hand. The design was simple and mature. Yes, once you remove the tube from the cardboard, you'll have a heck of a time trying to figure out the name of this product because it's a in Japanese but that's really not a big issue at all. I also truly appreciate the tiny hole as the opening, so I can have full control over the amount of product I want out. 

Okay, let's talk texture. It's somewhat gel, thank God. Because now you can expect it to be light and fresh on your skin. Plus, unlike most regular sunscreens, they don't leave those white streaks or cast on your skin if you don't blend it properly. It claims to be made by 100% Mt. Fuji mineral water, which makes it a water-based serum texture that made it possible to not leave white residue after applying. 

With the amount of "+" on the product name, you'll have to expect more. You don't simply add another "+" behind the "SPF" and the "PA" just to say that this is like your regular sunscreen but better. You can tell them to go screw themselves. So, Senka is smart to add Coenzyme Q10, making this a sunscreen with skincare properties. 

If you are not familiar with Coenzyme Q10, or short as CoQ10, it's a substance that can be found in every cell of our body where it's used to produce energy for cell growth and maintenance. It acts similarly as antioxidant that protects the body from damage. 

Recently, there have been a rise of skincare products, especially Asian brands, introducing CoQ10 as the key ingredient of a new anti-aging solution. Remember when Hyaluronic Acid was a hit in the beauty industry? Beware because CoQ10 wave is coming your way pretty soon because with this, it can help rejuvenate skin and stimulate collagen production, resulting a firmer and supple skin. 

It has a medium consistency, not too thick, not too runny. It doesn't have that sunscreen smell but it does give out a certain kind of lotion scent that disappears after application. Literally, you smell nothing after blending it into the skin. 

Overall, I think both skin types people will enjoy this because the texture is suitable for both as it's not too sticky or too runny. It doesn't leave that super oily sheen looking like more sunscreens do. 


Senka Mineral UV Essence SPF50+ PA++++ is available at selected Watson's outlets nationwide at RM39.90.

xo, 

Twitter |  Bloglovin | Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]