The Lone Ranger [Review]

Movie Courtesy of KLIPS, GSC & Walt Disney Malaysia

StorylineFrom producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Gore Verbinski, the filmmaking team behind the blockbuster "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise, comes Disney/ Jerry Bruckheimer Films' "The Lone Ranger," a thrilling adventure infused with action and humor, in which the famed masked hero is brought to life through new eyes. Native American spirit warrior Tonto (Johnny Depp) recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Armie Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice-taking the audience on a runaway train of epic surprises and humorous friction as the two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption. (c) Disney
DirectorGore Verbinski
CastsJohnny Depp, Armie Hammer, Tom Wilkinson, William Fichtner, Barry Pepper
GenreAction & Adventure , Kids & Family , Western , Art House & International

I've heard so much negative reviews about this movie before watching them last night with KLIPS community and I've prepared myself with low expectation of this movie. I have no knowledge about the story, blindly just sit, watch and expect to LOL as hard as possible when I see Johnny Depp's painted face.



So did I had a good laugh?
Yes I did.

How funny was it?
Average comedy.

Why?
Because I feel some parts they are over-doing it. *Spoiler* Like Spirit Horse on the tree and Tonto cage his head with a bird cage... seriously?

I do understand the story but many times the scenes were cut and skipped to create suspense and only reveal what happened later on. I don't mind them but some may not be able to catch the storyline at the end of the day.

I do feel Tonto had stole the limelight from "The Lone Ranger", is more like Tonto is Superman while The Lone Ranger is Robinhood. The focus had somewhat directed towards Tonto's life story.

Besides that, I dislike the ending. God knows what are they trying to say for old Tonto to be disappearing in thin air. 

Nevertheless, good values have been brought up for many of us to learn and at least now we know roughly about the story of the classic Lone Ranger. Still funny but over doing at certain parts. Oh, I was enjoying some of the beautiful views in the movie.

Rating: 5/10

I really like her playing as these kind of characters. :)







xo, 

My Twitter |  My Bloglovin | My Nuffnangx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]

The Immense Pressure, The Exploitations, And The Gratifications Of A Malaysian Blogger