Does Althea's New Serum Cleanser Works? [Review]


What do you mean by a serum cleanser? Really, I'm not quite sure myself but with serum stated on the bottle itself, I would think that it has somewhat of a moisturising properties to it, which is exactly what it is after checking out the Althea's blog on this. 

Of course, I had to test them out on camera. Additionally, I gave a brief impression on the New Althea Stay Fresh Body Sparkling Mist too. Check out the video below first! 





Althea Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser (RM33)

It's said to be an all-in-one product that cleanses and moisturises the skin, simply said, cleanses without dehydrating the skin, which is a dream for people with dry skin. I won't get into details about the product, as usual, check them out at Althea's website here yourself for ingredient details and etc.

Not going to lie, I was a little confuse of what is this and how to use them. After doing some research, it's pretty simple, just use this like how you would use an oil/balm makeup remover or a regular cleanser. Yes, like most Althea products, they try to make it as multipurpose as possible. It's not a bad thing, pretty cool actually and make so much more sense in this era.



In my opinion, I think it cleanses pretty well but I had a little trouble trying to remove my waterproof mascara. It still did remove them at the end of the day but it took longer than using my regular oil remover. Also, I should warn you that it kinda did sting my eye a little after accidentally getting them into my eyes while trying to remove my mascara. In the video I mentioned that it didn't but I only really felt the slight soar after removing my contact lens after the video.

Even after using this for a while now, I'm still can't tell what consistency is this. It feels like oil but at the same time not. I really don't know but it does feels nice on the skin, it doesn't bubble up as much as I though it would when using it as a cleanser. In fact, I actually really do enjoy using this as a cleanser cause it really does leaves skin feeling clean yet hydrated. As a makeup remover, not so much since I'm recently devoted to the waterproof Lash Paradise and I wasn't going to want to get this into my eyes again, I'll stick to my oil makeup remover to get everything off without hassle. Though, I have to credit this for being able to remove my long lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick without breaking a sweat. Literally, just glide them over my lips and it melts away all the ultra tough liquid lipstick.

Finally, it doesn't like much. It has a light fresh aqua fragrance to it. Overall, a really nice hydrating cleanser and an okay makeup remover.


Althea Stay Fresh Body Sparking Mist (100ml, RM35)

It's Althea's first collaboration with an Indonesian celebrity Titi Kamal and I'm really glad that they are doing more collaborations as well as coming up with their own products. I love how this mist smells, they are a really nice balance between tangy fruit (orange and peach) and sweet floral (rose), a scent that I've recently been very much into lately instead of my musky phase. It's not sticky, mist spray out super fine, very lightweight, basically something very versatile and universal for any occasion and anyone. More info, their website here.

However, 100ml bottle is definitely not something you can easily carry around in your purse/handbag. It's just not ideal. Maybe a carry on luggage but still, I'd rather not risk it. Additionally, I think they could improve in the packaging of the bottle. It's in a plastic container with a sticker on it, just like most body mist out there I can find in the drugstore. For me, as much as I love the nozzle and how it dispenses the product, the overall packaging just doesn't cut it for me. It looks a little cheap. If this is a skincare product, I don't mind it being less pretty looking but fragrances is something that I like to be able to display them. So, I would prefer this better if it's a little more aesthetically pleasing. This is just my personal preference and opinion.

Hope this helps! For more info or to purchase any of these products, check out https://my.althea.kr/

xo, 

Twitter |  Bloglovin | Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]

The Immense Pressure, The Exploitations, And The Gratifications Of A Malaysian Blogger