Hits & Misses: Suntegrity Sunscreen [Review]


I know it says Hits and Misses on the title but wowzers, these are the best sunscreens that I've ever used! I was sent these products about 1-2 months back and truly, I can't stop using them. They are so amazing, especially for those with dry skin type.

Let's me just throw it out there, all their sunscreens do leave sleek-look to my skin, if you don't like that shine, stay away from this. I like it because it gives my skin a little more life than looking dull and dry. Although they claim their products to be non-greasy, I really feel that they have a tiny hint of greasiness going on. It's normal for sunscreen to have that shine factor because technically, they are meant to reflect those harmful rays but I have tried sunscreens that are truly non-greasy because they are water based sunscreen, so to say Suntegrity is non-greasy is definitely not quite accurate. They don't make you look like a total grease monkey but it does leave a moisturising look to the skin. These sunscreen protects as well as hydrates the skin really well.

I love, love, love their packaging. Simple, clean and very friendly to all gender. They are vegan, cruelty free, UV-Chemical free, and paraben, phthalate and mineral oil free. They are all super thick in consistency, which is not something that I am truly keen about but there something about this product that I can't seem to let go.



Suntegrity "5 in 1" Natural Moisturising Face Sunscreen - Tinted, Board Spectrum SPF 30 - RM220

An all in one, "UV Chemical-Free" Tinted Sunscreen/Beauty Benefit (BB) cream that treats, hydrates, protects, primes and covers the skin. Supercharged with youth promoting antioxidants that help to scavenge surface free radicals, this cream also provides mineral Broad Spectrum SPF 30 protection. Hyaluronic acid, astaxanthin, red algae and Certified Organic: aloe vera, jojoba, sunflower, pomegranate, cucumber, and green tea help provide additional sun protection and hydration. Non-nano sized zinc-oxide not only protects the skin from the damaging UV rays, but it also soothes and calms the skin. Zinc-oxide is known for it's anti-inflammatory properties that often help skin conditions like rosacea, acne, and melasma.


This was the first thing that I opened to use and they felt so good on the skin, which intrigued me to try the non-tinted face sunscreen that I will review later in this post. I have three shades, fair, light,  and golden light. Of course, I'm in the shade fair. They also have one in medium shade which is suitable for medium and olive skin tones similar to Jennifer Lopez and Kim Kardashian.

At first I was all the hype on this, the first impression did blew me away that made me going back to this tinted sunscreen every time I apply makeup. However, after 2-3 weeks of trying this out, I realise that it's really does not give much or in fact, almost no coverage at all. I still reach out for this but I find myself layering another foundation on my face for better coverage. It does smell a little bit like how much foundation do smell.

It's still a really good product and I do like it. It still does bring life to my skin, it's just unfortunate that the coverage doesn't really help me to even up my skin. If you have a good skin day and really just need something to make you look less dead before you head out to the morning market, then yeah, this would be the go to product.



Suntegrity Natural Mineral Sunscreen for Body, Broad Spectrum SPF 30 - RM138

Suntegrity’s SPF 30 Natural Mineral Sunscreen for the body offers broad-spectrum protection and is free of harsh chemicals like parabens, phthalates, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic dyes, sulfates, nanoparticles and chemical UV absorbers. It's non-greasy and contains 20% non-nano, uncoated zinc-oxide for therapeutic broad-spectrum protection against the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays. This sunscreen formula is easy to apply, loaded with antioxidants for healthy protection all year round and has a light uplifting citrus scent. TSA Friendly. Made in the USA.


Can you see how thick this product is?! This is why I don't prefer such a thick product because it does take some time to properly massage into the skin to avoid white streaks. Even with that, holy moly, I will still use this sunscreen any day, every day. It smells so good! Almost citrus and fruity, totally not like any other sunscreen that I've used. If you don't like your product to have any scent, they do sell the unscented version. However, to be honest, without the scent, I rather just use any other sunscreen that has a higher SPF. Let's face it, in Malaysia, 30 not enough. 


Suntegrity Natural Moisturising Face Sunscreen and Primer, Broad Spectrum SPF 30 - RM220

A rich, non-greasy, “UV chemical-free” face sunscreen that offers Broad Spectrum Protection against damaging UVA & UVB rays. Infused with youth promoting antioxidants, this 3 in 1 product functions as a face moisturizer, sunscreen and make-up primer all in one. Hyaluronic acid, astaxanthin, red algae and Certified Organic: aloe vera, jojoba, sunflower, pomegranate, cucumber, and green tea help provide additional sun protection, moisture and hydration. Non-nano sized zinc-oxide not only protects the skin from the damaging UV rays, but it also soothes and calms the skin. Zinc-oxide is known for it's anti-inflammatory properties that often help skin conditions like rosacea, acne, and melasma. 


Similarly to the body sunscreen, it's thick and it's white, which means I have to work a little harder to get it properly applied on my face. Also, this comes with an amazing citrus fruity scent that makes me extremely excited to apply my sunscreen everyday! Which is a good thing! However, I wouldn't replace this as my primer. It doesn't stand a chance to my favourite MUFE Step1 Radiant Primer. Thus, if I know I will be having a long day, I will still apply a primer on top of this sunscreen. 



Overall, I love them! I will definitely recommend them, especially the scented face and body sunscreen as truly, I feel it's their unique selling point. It's not easy to get a sunscreen not only doesn't have the unpleasant sunscreen scent, but also one that smells so naturally good. It's not perfect, but as I mentioned earlier, there's something about this brand that keeps me wanting more. It's on a pricier side but it's looks great as a gift for people who really cares about their skin.

For more information, visit MY TNS Skin Lab website.

Watch me use this product here: 


xo, 

Twitter |  Bloglovin | Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]