The Long Hours In The Salon For This Purple Hair

Hair trend 2015

If you followed me on Instagram or twitter, you should know that I had a pretty bold change a month ago. My stylist decided to give me a brighter and lighter head, screaming a loud purple with a shorter length. It was a side of mine that I almost thought will never happen but I can proudly say that I finally joined the Unicorn Hair Community and I am loving every moment of it! 


hair bleaching process
Hair colour
hair treatment

I went back to Frank Salon again in January because I was rather desperate to get myself a new hairdo, got a bit bored of my previous look. Plus, is the New Year, so why not. 

Yes, I sat there for quite long due to the process of bleaching, colouring (twice), treatment and cut. Well, it was also because my hairstylist is quite a perfectionist, he will make sure everything is all good before you leave the salon. 

The end result of my hair is dark purple at the roots, purple with a mix of grey gradiently fall towards my shorter, straight cut ends. 

It didn't last very long though, started to fade within 3 weeks or so. Well, expected as bright colours like these don't stay for long, especially after bleaching. Gradually, it faded into a pink with gold undertone colour. As always, my stylist does a great job in making sure even when fading, it fades elegantly. It doesn't go all ugly and patchy. Most people who didn't know that I coloured my hair bright purple would think that I purposely coloured hair in that faded colour. When I went CNY house visiting recently, most my relatives thought that it (the faded hair colour) looks cool. #IWinLiao

Should you dye your hair Purple?
Purple is the current hair colour trend. If you are not working in a corporate company or any job/profession/industry that requires you keep yourself looking "Professional", then why not. Life's too short to not try a hair colour that you want to try. It was a bold move that I've been wanting for so long, I had different priorities back then, but I'm glad my crazy hair colour season has come. 

Alternatively, for a more natural look...
You can try Babylight, or more professionally known as Balayage. It's a French free-handed highlighting technique that will make you look perfectly sun-kissed highlights as you got as a kid. You'll get a darker roots, ombreing down to a lighter colour (usually golden) and a whole lot of shine. They consider this as a much more sopgisticated version of the ombre we know, a super bombshell look and super trendy this season. 

Hair makeover

More Purple Hair Pictures!
Purple Hair
Purple Hair

For more information, visit Frank Salon Facebook page or call 03-22423109. 

Unit 1-7, Level 1, Nexus, Bangsar South,
7 Jalan Kerinchi, 59200 KL, Malaysia. 
Opening hours: Daily 10.30am - 8pm

Photos taken with Panasonic Lumix GM1

*Hairdo was free but opinion remains my own. This is my experience at Frank Salon. 
xo, 

Twitter |  Bloglovin | Instagram

Comments

Tenshi Chn said…
I personally think the faded light purple is nice too ^^

www.tenshichn.blogspot.com
choypengism said…
WOW! No wonder the colour is so vibrant! Bleached till so light! Susah if I wanna achieve this. My hair is so dark!

choypengism.blogspot.com
Unknown said…
The purple hair looks AMAZING on you JQ! That cut really suits you too :) very beautiful. would also love to see what colour it eventually faded to! x

Tamsin / A Certain Adventure

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]