My Hipster New Glasses And Me!


Have you noticed that I've been wearing my new glasses a lot lately? I've only got it for about a month and I've been wearing this glasses out a lot, especially when I was travelling to Singapore and on Superstar Libra cruise last month. 

Trust me when I say I was glad to own this artsy-looking glasses because my previous spectacles weren't in any way camera friendly. So, it was strictly only for those days when I can choose to be camera shy and aunty-mode. 

Since I will be travelling more often as well as I would like to reduce my wear of contact lenses (due to laziness), getting a new pair of spectacles that's more camera ready really helped in reducing fuss in my hectic lifestyle.  



Ryan Ho (Optomerist + Malaysia's 1st Eye Wear Stylist and Designer) and Me

I had my glasses done at Malaya Optical Damansara Uptown (Flagship Store) not just because they have been around almost forever, but mainly for Optomerist, Ryan Ho, who is also Malaysia's 1st Eye Wear Stylist and Designer. I mean come on, what better way to get a photogenic glasses than to seek the help of the professional to assist you in your selection process. It's call the Eyewear Styling Consultation, where there's a structured way to select the right eye wear. 

Also, they only hire qualified optometrist to provide premium professional eye care services for their customers. It's all about quality when it comes to your eyes. Additionally, Malaya Optical Group is also the 2009 and 2010 Brand Laureate winner for the Best Vision Solution Center. It's safe to say that I'm pretty much in good hands when it comes to design as well as eye care. 


Of course, they do have designer eye wears. They are individually made and it usually feels different as the fitting and technology used to produce them are better. Some of the available brands are Swiss Flex, Mykita, Marc Jacobs, JF Rey, Calvin Klein, Whitout & Glare, Tag Heuer, Oakley, Burberry, Coach, Emporio Armani, Fendi, Miu Miu, Moschino, Nike, and many more. 


After choosing my glasses, the usual procedure would be getting your eyes checked. Thus, I was guided to their 6m refraction room, which fits the international standard requirement for a refraction room. A white wall hung proudly with all professional certificates and the ground stands a few necessary equipment for a more extensive eye check. Also, they do have a second refraction room prepared for those days busy days.

Besides that, they are also one of those that provides Ortho-K services in Petaling Jaya. Orthokeratology (Ortho-K) is the fitting of specially designed gas permeable contact lenses that you wear overnight. While you are asleep, the lenses gently reshape the front surface of your eye (cornea) so you can see clearly the following day after you remove the lenses upon waking up. This therapy needs prescription and it's mainly done to reduce Myopia (nearsightedness) in children.

It's always funny to wear these on and walk around.


These are some of my other choices before deciding on getting the rounder frame since it's different than the usual rectangular frames that I had for the past few years. The best way to reinvent yourself is to try something new and it turned out quite well, after about a month of wearing them, I've really grown into liking them and how it looks on me. Super chic!


Malaya Optical Damansara Uptown
71, SS21/37 Damansara Utama,
47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Tel: 03-77280228 / 03-77108550
Opening hours:
Monday - Saturday 10.30am-9pm & Sunday 10.30am-7pm
Major Public Holiday opens till 5pm

xo, 

Twitter |  Bloglovin | Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]

The Immense Pressure, The Exploitations, And The Gratifications Of A Malaysian Blogger