X-Men: Days of Future Past [Movie Review]

Here's a movie review from an average girl's point of view...

X-men, marvel, 20th century fox, movie poster

It's my habit to walk into the cinema hall without doing my research about the movie that I was about to watch. Although, this is the sequel of 2006's X-Men: The Last Stand and 2011's X-Men: First Class, you can still expect quite a bit of surprise. Fine, not so much from the story, it's all about the graphics and effects that will keep you in awe.



Every scene was a job well done. There was not one part that I felt bored or draggy, each scene felt as if they are inevitable. That's what made this movie enjoyable, something that no one should miss.

Of course for me, I walked in with not much knowledge about the plot, which makes it double the fun. I was a little bit slow in the beginning, trying to figure out and connect the story from what I can remember about the past two movie. However, I picked up the pieces when Wolverine was sent back to the past to change history. Once I've understood the gist of the plot, it was smooth sailing all the way.

If you've read the comics or basically knew the storyline, all I can say is that you won't have much fun as I did but you'll still enjoy the extremely awesome special effects and cinematography. Also, it was rather fun going back to the past and watch young Eric (Magneto), Charles Xavier (Professor X) and Raven (Mystique) before their skin wrinkled up. Plus, having a glimpse of Quicksilver's younger life just completed my night. Totally a cherry on the cake. Hands down, the funniest mutant in the entire movie.

My advice: If you're almost as dumb blonde as me about Marvel stories, watch the prequels to have a rough idea of what you're in for.

Ratings: 9/10
I watched it in GSC Dolby Atmos (1Utama) 

Release Date: 22 May 2014 (Malaysia)
Rated: PG13
Genre: Action / Science Fiction
Running Time: 130 Minutes
Director: Bryan Singer
Cast: Hugh Jackman, James Mcavoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Ellen Page, Peter Dinklage, Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Bingbing Fan.

Distributor: 20th Century Fox Malaysia
Studio: 20th Century Fox, Marvel Entertaiment, Bad Hat Harry Productions, The Donner's Company.



xo, 

Twitter |  Bloglovin | Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]

The Immense Pressure, The Exploitations, And The Gratifications Of A Malaysian Blogger