Post-CNY Skincare Recovery Fixes

I love Chinese New Year. This is one auspicious annual event where all family members gather to have a good reunion dinner. Of course, since I’m not married, receiving all those red packets is definitely an additional bonus to my shopping spree.

My CNY routine covers house visiting, door to door, one after another. Not forgetting having to eat scrumptious meals prepared by my aunties, munching on snacks and cookies at every house we drop by, and walking in and out in my pretty modern cheong sam and high heels.  This goes on for about 2–3 days. What’s CNY without having relatives that you barely know asking you difficult questions such as “Got boyfriend or not?” and when you do, “How long already?” and regardless how long, “When getting married?” Sounds familiar?

By the time you are done with all those clichés, you go home and find yourself in front of the mirror staring at your tired little face. The holidays don’t last forever and you need some quick fixes to get back that healthy glow.



Problem: I have puffy eyes!

It’s quite common to be lacking in sleep when everyone in the house is staying up late playing choh dai di (Chinese card game) or mah-jong. Even if you don’t join them, it’s hard for you to get your beauty sleep when they can’t keep the excitement down.

Here’re 2 simple yet effective tricks: 

1. Teabags


Green Tea and cup

Gently squeeze the excess water out of warm tea bags (leave it a little damp) and place them on the eyes for about five minutes. I’m just using RM5 green tea that I found from Daiso. 


Leave the bag out for a while if it’s too hot.


Lay down on your bed and relax while the tea bags are on your eyes.

Place two spoons (that fits your eye shape) into the freezer for 10 minutes, then apply them on your eyes until they return to room temperature. 


 or place the spoons in a bowl of ice.


or place your spoon in a cup of ice green tea.


As for eye serum, choose something with metal roller ball tip should help de-puff the eyes slightly. When it comes to makeup, the lighter the better with plenty of mascara.


Problem: Zit Alert!

Too much oily food and kacang (nuts) will probably make your skin break out. It’s time to switch your cleanser to one with benzoyl peroxide in it. Also, using ice to bring down the swelling first before applying concealer will help covering much easier. 


But please no direct contact of ice to skin. Wrap it in 2 pieces of tissue or a cloth.



Problem: Skin feeling rough and dry.

Hydration is the key! Take some time to kick back and relax with some masking time to help rejuvenate your tired skin. With so many different types of masks, pick something that can help moisturise and hydrate your skin. 


I use the SK-II Facial Treatment Mask as it is an intensive moisture-boosting mask enriched with Pitera which deeply hydrates skin. I’ve found that it helps revive and relax my skin, leaving it radiant and soft.

You can find out more about the SK-II Facial Treatment Mask here.


There you have it: my tips for ensuring that you come out of the CNY period with healthy glowing skin!

xo, 

My Twitter |  My Bloglovin | My Nuffnangx

Comments

Mermaid said…
Nice tutorial . I have tried it at home but only with tea bag.
http://notamanjaku.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]