Uglee Pen.com, Saya Sebatang Pen.

UG = Ultimate Grip
Lee = Physician who spent 8 years obsessing over the pen's design.

I was sent a package on this very special UGLEE Pen. I had 3, so I gave out the other 2 to my friends. My first impression wasn't all great, I thought that the pen was in a weird shape (usually ergonomic designs are weird) and feels very light and cheap and plastic. It feels like it's not a good quality pen. The pen was in point 1.0 which I hated because I usually prefers 0.5 ever since I was in high school. Why? Because my handwriting is ugly like 'Cakar Ayam', to write in a bigger ballpoint feels like emphasizing my horrible 'calligraphy'. However, the it has a really smooth writing ink which I really like.

All my prior negative opinion will be justify later why you should buy this pen.


Inventor Biography

Dr. Lee received his BS in Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry from Yale University and his MD from Stanford University School of Medicine. Dr. Lee has done his share of writing throughout his academic and professional life. All of the writing required by medical school and physician training took its toll. After trying just about every pen and failing to find a truly comfortable one, Dr. Lee was determined to create his own. Known to even fire his own clay pens, Dr. Lee has experimented with just about every combination of shape, texture, material, and ink mixtures in search of the optimum combination for the "Perfect Pen."


Design is not the pretties with some jelly feel grip at the 1/2 bottom. It is a pretty Jumbo pen. Very light weight with plastic exterior covering the rest of the pen. I like that it has a clip so you can clip on to anything and I like that it is the clicking kind of pen, not those with cap that you need to open and close. 


Pay attention here

Very light weight = less mass = less inertia = less energy needed to write = more comfort.

Full size grip = 1/2 jelly feel exterior, I am one of those heavy handed people where we grip our pen like trying to squeeze out all the juice from the pen. It will feel weird at first for me to write and grip this pen tightly as the jelly thing makes it weird but it is a good way for us to learn how to use less force on the pen which results in less pain onto our hands. Also, with this material, it grips you, so it won't just slipped of from your hands. 

Ink = smooth, really smooth. 


Want more info? Check out their website to understand more about these pens. They have videos and testimonies. You can order there too.

Comments

Unknown said…
I love the title~ ^^ <3
Koh Kian Fai said…
it was like when our school kid time in primary school, teacher will ask us to write karangan lol :P "aku sebatang pen" LOL
SiMon Har said…
the design is cute! but the name 'Uglee'... hmm...
JQLeeJQ said…
haha, tq all and I know! I purposely put the title cause I did write an essay 'saya sebatang pen' before!

Simon, hehe,true, it sounds like ugly
Henry Lee said…
true that KF... i thought u were writing a karangan, aku sebatang pen. LOL
Nikel Khor said…
I need a PEN to write an essay of this.. AKU SEBATANG PEN.. walala

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]