Me Detox Talk + Alternative snacks

Yo Yo Yo People in the hauze!
Dis iz yo girl JQ
*hand starts flinging up and down*

Stop, I suck xD


I'm here to talk about my Detox Programme that I undergo for 3 days from the 28-30 December 2011. I have some request from a few of you to talk about it after taking up that challenge. You can check my announcement post on that here

I have to clear the confusion first, remember, IT IS A DETOX Programme, NOT a DIET Programme! The whole point of going through this is NOT to lose weight, it is to give your body/digestive system some rest from all the Yummy Char-siu, Siu-yok, Bak kua, Char kuey tew, Chicken chop, Laksa, Curry, Roti planta tambah gula.........& bah kut teh!

Also, while resting your system, we are taking this chance to remove the toxin in the body for a healthier body and it is said that it will be easier to lose weight with less toxin in the body as toxin traps fats, you can't remove them other than going through detox.

As I said before, the detox require us to have a strong will on avoiding anything but Fruits and Lots of Water. With the programme, we are also needed to take in 1tbsp Psyllium Husk mix with 1cup water + bit of lemon juice. Drink the mixture at one go and immediately because Psyllium Husk will coagulate with water and act as a brush, brushing through the side of the walls of your system. Thus removing toxic from the body while 'doing your BIG business'.

The packet I bought front view. 
Yes, it is RM9


This is how it looks like. 
It looks like very tiny rice husk. 

If you can't the mixture just like that, you are allowed to add some honey for better taste. You are required to drink the mixture right after waking up in the morning and night before sleeping. If you are taking before a meal, please take at least 1/2hour before meal.

Mixture
As you can see, it will float on water. It doesn't dissolve in water. 

 If you leave it long enough, it will start to coagulate and becomes like a mashed-up jelly consistency. 

 The husk will absorb the water which results to this. 
So is best to quickly drink the mixture right after mixing it. 

During the 3 days of detox period, it is best that you stay home and rest. Please do not do any harsh activities. Maybe have a laptop movie marathon or catch up with some books or play with your little nephew like me :D

Now let's read my 3 day detox diary

Day One,
Dear Body of mine,

I'm sorry that I cheated on the Detox programme already. (LOLs) I was fine the whole day until my boyfriend took me out to Pasar Malam(night market). I was tempted by the lingering smell of Uncle Bob's fried chicken and the click-clacking sound of the bubble tea store while the aunty was busy shaking those heavenly fluid. However, I thank God that I only settled with Rojak at the end of the day. Though it is still a bit off track from the plan due to the sauce and some keropok but it is better than those mouth watering grilled pork sausage rolling on the pan like a kid screaming "Buy me, Buy me!". I almost wanted to buy Jagung (corn) but my smarty-pants boyfriends just have to blurt out the reminder of planta(margarine) and salt that are layered onto the juicy, healthy corn.

Of course, as planned, drank my psyllium mixture day and night. When I checked into the fridge with eyes opened wide hoping to find some cut fruits left by my dad. Unfortunately, the hope was crushed when the empty fridge counter smiles back at me and say "Sorry, no fruits today :)" I dragged my grumbling tummy up the stairs like a rebellious dog refused to move with its master, went on to my bed and had my beauty sleep.

Tips: DON'T EVER LET YOU BF TAKE YOU TO ANY PLACES THAT HAS FOOD. REJECT THE OFFER NO MATTER HOW NICE HE IS.

Day Two,
Dear Body of mine,

Today was definitely better than yesterday. Followed the psyllium mixture routine and surprisingly, I managed to survive the day with just pitted prunes and raisins I stocked up before the detox. Oppss, I think I forgot to mention that I also conformed to the nagging of my mom to at least eat boiled vegetables with some salt. The constant statement of "For what detox?! You so thin d.... blah blah blah" still freshly ringing in my head. At that moment, the boyfriend again have to be a smart alec for joining in the party and say things like "honestly auntie(talking to my mom), I still don't get the whole not eating anything, thing..." Arghh! It is bad enough that I am hungry, they are all trying to make me cranky! Sepak engkau baru tau.

Again, my mom was not making it easy for me. She clearly knows that I am on detox for these three days and she chose to go to the grocery store and pick out all the good food with the special effort of displaying it  on the dining table. All of the sudden, the dining table glows in my eyes, shines brighter like it never had before. It called out to me with an opened arms singing the oldie song 'Run to me'.

I just had to get out of the dining hall before I get into trouble. I quietly stuck my head into the fridge with my fingers cross that this time, there will be fruits for me to indulge upon. Again, I left with disappointment.

Tips: Stay strong, don't let anyone ruin your detox plan. It's only 3 days. You can do it!

Day Three,
Dear Body of mine,

YES! It's the final day, my facial muscles could now stretch and learn how to smile widely again. The last day was by far the easiest even with all the good food surrounding you. Yes, my mom tried to lure me again but I guess to know that it is the last day made me even stronger and determine to just complete the detox session.

Even though it is the easiest day, at this point, you will tend to get really really really...... extremely hungry. When I woke up in the morning, I literally felt like the acid in my tummy is telling me that my stomach is like an empty box, hollow till you tap can hear it reflecting the sound waves. It was making a whole load of noises but it did not hurt nor I felt any pain, it was just the hungry feeling. So I just did the usual routine and ate lots of prunes. Though, I was kinda getting bored of eating prunes but I still gulped it down anyway because I have nothing else to live on. I can't deny that my tummy does look flatter, of course. And oh.... yeah, I took vegetables again too.

As the night came, I get even more excited and I was telling myself that I can't wait for tomorrow to come. It was such a good feeling to know that you have stuck to the regime, especially before New Years.

Tips: When you get really hungry, drink loads of water and eat prunes/fruits. Switch up the types of fruits so that you don't have to face the same flavour every 'meal' time.

*The end*

After the 3 days detox, PLEASE DO NOT JUST GO THROWING FOOD & MEAT IN YOUR STOMACH. By this time, your tummy needs to slowly gain back the momentum of digesting the food, so go slow during these post-detox period. Be kind to your stomach. Also, be aware that you might go to the toilet a lot during the detox period but note that it is normal.

I was told that some people might experience diarrhoea/diarrhea (lau sai) but personally I didn't. I went to the toilet a lot and my bowel system was really good with only very soft faeces, not liquid.

Yes, I admit that you will feel a little weight lost but not much. Again, this objective is to detox, not losing weight. I think it just works psychologically thinking that you are healthier because you laid off on meat and all the unhealthy food for 3 days. I personally didn't felt like I was really changed in any way nor did I felt like wonder women after the detox. I guess it gave me a satisfied feeling of achieving something and giving my body a rest.

I'm just gonna share on some healthier snacking ideas. These are some of the youtube gurus that I'm subscribe to and I think this can help alot if you are a junk food lover. Bear in mind that not all products we can find in Malaysia. Maybe I should go scout for healthy snacks and make a video on it? Should I?



Love Your Body Ladies!

Comments

Charmaine Pua said…
OMG sounds really torturing to me!
Not sure if I can do that :/
HitoMi Ng said…
Congratulations girl! You have made it :) Maybe someday when I stay alone, I shall do that. Happy Chinese New Year!

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]

The Immense Pressure, The Exploitations, And The Gratifications Of A Malaysian Blogger