Althea's Petal Velvet Sunaway SPF50+ PA++++ Review


Thanks to my fair skin (not complaining), I was taught to care for my skin with sunscreen since my high school years. My mom made sure I never skipped this routine especially before any outdoor activities.

So, it's safe to say that throughout the years, I've tried many different types of sunscreen. Now, it's a habit for me to apply sunscreen on my face before I leave home no matter where I'm going. Of course, I have my favourite type which is something that gives moisture but not oily, and something that doesn't smell like sunscreen, if possible.



So, how does this Althea's Petal Velvet Sunaway fair in my books? Check out the video first impressions below for a better look of this product!







Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway SPF50+ PA++++ 

For more info about the product itself, do check out Althea's website as there's no point for me to repeat the specifics of this product on my blog.

It claims to be a lightweight sunscreen that protects the skin from UV rays with a petal-like finish. I do agree it's lightweight but I have tried other sunscreen that's ever more lightweight. Those are the kind that's super liquidy, almost water like consistency.

This Petal Velvet Sunaway is nothing like that. The consistency feels almost thin gel-like that melt as it comes in contact with your skin. The cool part about this is that it really is quite hydrating. It's surprising cause it's said to be able to control excessive sebum, automatically, you'll think this is gonna be drying for sure. Darn was I wrong, this comes with hyaluronic acid that actually works, my skin felt good and hydrated without the stickiness!


Additionally, the formula is smooth and applies like a dream. It doesn't leave any white streaks. It's said to have an advanced non-chemical UV filter which made the formula more transparent. I'm not sure what that means but I hope it helps with not having white cast in flash photography because some sunscreen do have such issue. 

Finally, this sunscreen smells amazing! Rose usually aren't my favourite in skincare products because it's one of those scents that you either gets it right to just completely wrong. Some rose infused products don't smell as good as others and especially if it's an all natural product, rose scented products can get rancid pretty quickly. Thankfully, this is one that smells wonderful. Thus, with that, it ticks everything in my perfect sunscreen requirement list. I love it!


*UPDATE*: They've recently sent me an email stating that they've mistakenly mentioned Hyaluronic Acid as one of the product’s key ingredients when it should not be as it is not included in the product during development. Though, this doesn't affect my thoughts on this product, I still love it. :)

Available on https://my.althea.kr . Check it out! :D

#Fluid #MicroParticles #MoistureFilled #SebumControl #DamaskRose #AltheaKorea

xo, 

Twitter |  Bloglovin | Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]

The Immense Pressure, The Exploitations, And The Gratifications Of A Malaysian Blogger