I've Visited The Beautiful Haslla Art World Museum That I Don't Quite Understand \\ What To Do In Gangneung, Gangwon Province.


Before I get all the hate comments, I have to admit that I'm not really an art person. I appreciate the existence of them but generally don't quite understand them and possibly never gonna go in any deeper when it comes to art appreciation because it's just not much my cup of tea at the moment.

With that said, a lot of things in this museum I personally don't get it but Haslla Art World Museum has always been a place that I would love to visit when I first wrote about it last year because on the outside, they look super cool and it's located by the sea, the view must be great!

The main entrance.

Little did I know, it's one of the first few places in the itinerary when I was on media trip for the PyeongChang 2018 Paralympics, Snow Festival in March event recently. Yeay! Haslla Art World comprises of a museum, hotel, and a cafe.

I've only toured the museum but I believe the cafe is open to public (I'm not quite sure). If I'm not mistaken they have a cafe located outside the main building and another cafe/restaurant inside the museum, both comes with a gorgeous view of the sea. Thus, even if you are not interested in the whole museum part or don't plan to stay in the hotel, you still can visit this place for the view with a side of food and drinks.

Take the stairs down on the right for the museum entrance. If you go straight on the left, you'll come to the hotel entrance.

Here's the entrance of Haslla Art Museum.

It's definitely beautiful inside, very artsy, very instagram friendly at every corner. They even sell some souvenir near the ticket counter should you like to bring something home for remembrance.


I guess the cool part about this art museum is that unlike most art places or even museum where you are only allowed to see and no touchy-touchy, here, they want you to experience more by touching and hearing. For example, at one point you'll have to go down a stairs filled clear plastics and bubbles wraps (not my best explanation or interpretation, check out my video at the end to see it yourself), at another point, you'll walk in a tunnel filled with tissues on the floor with a variety of laser lights twinkling around (as shown picture above), and at another point, if you stand close enough, you'll activate a dancing pinocchio. All of which you are free to touch and feel the different textures of the art. 

 Entrance to the pinocchio museum on the left.

 Stand closer to activate this pinocchio.

A room filled with all kinds of pinocchio.


After a long walk inside, I thought I was at the end of it, but no, there's apparently an outdoor park museum. There are a few sections to the outdoor museum, the first part would just be sculptures plotted at various locations of the "forest" might I call it. If you have time, you can check out the Sky Observatory area which I didn't had the time to do so but I have a picture of it from the outside below, and if it tickles your fancy, feel free to walk through the Stone and Cow Dung Art Gallery. Yup, I said it right, COW DUNG ART GALLERY. Again, another section that I wished I had the time to check it out but media trips are like that, we don't get a lot of time to stroll around.

No regrets though, I think I personally enjoyed this part of the museum the most as there's fresh air and a heck of a view.

Sky Observatory area that I didn't get to see more.

Check out my vlog to see more of Haslla Art World Museum!
Overall, although I don't quite understand most of the artsy things, I personally really do love this place and would love to go back again to at least spend half a day there to see the rest of the outdoor museum and check out their cafes/restaurant. It would be a bonus if I get to stay in their hotel cause the pictures of their rooms look pretty awesome from their website.

Plus, the entrance fee for both Park (outdoor) and Museum (indoor) is not expensive. It's only 10,000 won per person. For more info, visit this website.



xo, 

Twitter |  Bloglovin | Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]

The Immense Pressure, The Exploitations, And The Gratifications Of A Malaysian Blogger