DIOR Backstage Makeup Full Day Wear Test Review


Dior launched a massive new makeup line recently and gosh, they are magnificent. They have a huge range for their new foundation (face and body), face palettes, eyes palettes, brow palettes, and a lip palette. To see all that they have to offer, check out their official website. I'll only be trying out their Dior Backstage Face and Body Foundation, Dior Backstage Glow Face Palette, and one of their Dior Backstage Eye Palette.


Check out the video below for more visuals of these products.



Dior Backstage Face and Body Foundation

It's unfortunate that I'll be starting with the foundation first because it's not my favourite product, or even foundation in general. As much as I like the simple packaging and super lightweight formula, it just doesn't cut it for my skin type.

My first problem with it is that somehow I manage to collect foundation on the tip of the bottle even after cleaning it off before closing it. Because the product is so thin in consistency, accidents can happen, so beware of not squeezing too much out the bottle.

The thin consistency is buildable and gives good long lasting coverage. It doesn't leave much of a dewy finish, or at least the kind of dewy finish that I like. For me, it covers well but with my dry skin, I do find it a little drying my skin and it was cracking a little along my laugh lines. After having this on, I needed to mist my face to hydrate my skin which I general don't do immediately after my make up.


After wearing it a long day, it does gets better, it's one of those that wears better along the day when my skin starts to produce a little natural oil. I don't particularly see any fading of foundation which makes me believe that it's pretty long lasting. However, I personally won't use this on a daily basis, especially when I'm just working at home, in an A/C room. I would use this for when I know I'll be out under the sun, doing a lot of outdoor activities that'll cause me to sweat.

Not a bad product, just that I'll recommend this more for people with normal to oily skin type. Not so much for dry skin.


Dior Backstage Eye Palette in 002 Cool Neutrals

At first, I was quite reluctant to try this palette out because of the shade that I got but surprisingly, it turns out to be quite nice. I'm not the biggest fan of cool purple and mauve colours on my eyes as I feel I can't really pull them off.

Thankfully, these eyeshadows are sheer but very much buildable type. Which means I can still do my preferred light Korean style eye look and build it to super bold on special occasions. They blend well, not much fall out, and the best part is that they last super well on the lids. They don't go completely missing or patchy after a long day. I'm impressed.

Also, this is a great palette to travel with because it has multi-finish shadows in them. Basically, your mattes and your shimmers all in one palette!


Dior Backstage Glow Face Palette

The one product I was eyeing during the event. What a beautiful glow palette you are. Man, I love this so much. The shimmers are so fine, colours are so blendable, so smooth. It's another amazing product that's buildable, use a little for a natural glow or smack it on loads for an intense look. All up to you. For someone who touches her face quite often throughout the day, it doesn't fade too much. Thus, I'm pretty happy with it.


For more info, visit their official website.

xo, 

Twitter |  Bloglovin | Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]

The Immense Pressure, The Exploitations, And The Gratifications Of A Malaysian Blogger