Dior Lip Sugar Scrub & Dior Addict Lip Glow Review


I'm never big in exfoliating my lips with a potted lip scrub because I've always felt like it's an extra thing to buy and it can get messy if I don't do this while showering. Plus, my alternatives work pretty well too, such as using my toothbrush or even my face scrub. Pretty much multitasking while I'm brushing my teeth or exfoliating my face.

Thus, when I first saw the Dior Lip Sugar Scrub and Dior Lip Glow on YouTube showing us how they us these products on a model for the Spring/Summer Fashion Show, apart from admiring the new Dior Spring/Summer beauty collection, I was more excited about the Lip Glow as compared to the Lip Scrub.

I totally didn't expect this but Dior Malaysia was kind enough to send me the new Lip Scrub and Lip Glow. Needless to say, I was still super stoked about it and am extremely thankful to be able to try them out. If you have the time, check out my video first impressions on these two products. Otherwise, scroll on further down to read my thoughts about them.



Don't forget to subscribe on my YouTube channel and Like this video!



Dior Lip Sugar Scrub in 001 Color Awakening (Info from website)
So Dior describes this as a self-vanishing sweet exfoliating lip balm in the colour "color awakening'. When you first apply it on, you'll feel the granulates or scrubs on the balm scrubbing your lips and then Dior recommends you to use your fingers to massage your lips until the scrub completely vanish. Of course, I'm a rebel. I choose to rub my lips together because if I can do this without my fingers, that would be fantastic. It would be so convenient for when I'm out or just before I sleep, there's be no need to clean your fingers before and after.

Oh my, after a short while of rubbing my lips together, the scrubs totally went off. It melted into the balm, leaving me moisturised lips after scrubbing. Seriously, I don't need to clean my hands, I don't need to apply lipbalm after exfoliating... THIS IS FREAKING AMAZING! OMGosh, this is really making exfoliating your lips so much more convenient. I can do this anywhere, anytime. It's just like applying a lipbalm but better.

Additionally, it does slightly gives a hint of pink on the lips which make me look more alive, so I'm not complaining about the colour. It does taste a little sweet but neither the taste or the fragrance are overpowering, so it's cool. It's a really gentle exfoliating lippie. Definitely recommend this if you are looking for a convenient and gentle way of exfoliating you lips.

Dior Addict Lip Glow in 004 Coral (Info from website)
I know this has been around for quite some time, and while I was contemplating between this and the Dior Lip Maximiser, the lip maximiser won my heart hands down because if the minty and plumping effect that it provides. Anyway, the packaging is gorgeous of course, just like most Dior's products.

I received the colour Coral and it was totally orange looking from the tube itself. However, after applying it on, it turned into a deeper pink instead of an obvious coral. Well, at least in my eyes and my husband's eyes, it is pink. I'm not disappointed at the colour because it's still a pretty pink. I guess it's something for you to take note if you are planning to buy this product. Technically, a lot of "mood/colour changing" lipsticks usually works this way too, the product might be green looking but it still turns out pink after application.

Other than that, it does what it states on the Dior website, it moisturises the lips, it's radiant, it's beautiful and etc. Though, for me, unless I'm planning to pamper myself or buying this for a friend who will absolutely love this, it's definitely a splurge that I don't quite see myself spending my money on because for me, other than the gorgeous packaging and the luxury of having a Dior in your handbag, I feel that there are other products in the drugstore or pharmacies can give me the same result on my lips, giving me colour and moisture. Such as LipIce Sheer Color, the packaging is no Dior but the product works pretty similarly, at a fraction of the price.

I personally will still recommend getting the Dior Lip Maximiser or the new Lip Scrub because those are truly products that are unique and worth buying.


I don't have full information on the price but feel free to call your nearest Dior store number or drop them a message on their facebook page to get more info such as availability and price.


Thanks Dior! :D
xo, 

Twitter |  Bloglovin | Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]

The Immense Pressure, The Exploitations, And The Gratifications Of A Malaysian Blogger