The New Rouge Dior Lipsticks Review

I am wearing the New Rouge Dior in Red 999 (Matte)


I was sent a gorgeous #IFeelGood package from Dior recently and inside consist of the two new lipsticks from the Rouge Dior collection, a clear lip liner and a sharpener that I'm absolutely thankful for, a friendship bracelet, and a bunch of other stuffies.

They recently boasts a wide range of ultra-desirable yet classic shades. They provide a satin to matte finish that claims to make no compromise on long-lasting comfort, or incredible sensual satiny effect.



The two colours that I have are the 999 Matte and the Miss 047. Both really vibrant, OTT, bold, pigmented colours. Definitely couture worthy. Even the packaging itself is beautiful as it comes with a new metallic couture case crafted with secret little details. For a touch of personal luxury, the inside of each cap is attired in the Rouge 999 shade, Dior's flamobayantly sexy signature. They definitely did a great job at packaging it.

999 Matte is the matte version of the famous 999. The perfect red of the House Dior while 047 Miss symbolises the colour of love that's a vibrant and intense fuchsia in memory of the unforgettable fragrance Miss Dior. These two colours are two of the four cult colours shaped the History of colour and couture of Dior.


Both the lipsticks are creamy and glides on smoothly and not streaky. Rouge Dior has a cult formula of 16 hour comfort wear that makes women feel good, no matter the colour, no matter the finish satin or matte. First of all, I can't say much if it truly provides 16 hours of wear because I don't really wear lipsticks that long but I can say that it does stay on for quite a bit after testing it out for a couple of hours. Plus, judging from the removal process which required some effort, I believe that this will definitely stay on for quite a bit. Also, omgosh, they don't bleed on my lips at all, they don't budge after you apply them on and I did not even apply this properly with a lip liner.

However, I will have to admit that the 999 Matte feels a little drier on my lips after while as compared to the Miss 047. It could be because 999 Matte is a full on matte while Miss 047 has a satin matte finish. For some reason, I can't really wear a full on matte finish lippies, my lips are pretty dry from the start, so if ever I want it to work, I must prep my lips beforehand and go over with a lipbalm every 1-2 hours. I just have really dry skin in general.


For application tips, they suggest to use a lip liner and a brush for a more precise application. Thus, they recommended the Dior Contour lip liner and lip brush duo. The usual, line your lips then apply the lipstick with the lip brush working from the center of the lips outwards. It comes with a sharpener too. 


For more information, visit Dior official website.


Thanks Dior for the lovely package!

xo, 

Twitter |  Bloglovin | Instagram

Comments

Henry Tan said…
wow im surprised with the names of the lipstick. haha pink one looks nice tho!

Top Performing Funds!

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]