New Age Of Firmness: SK-II R.N.A Power [Review]


Evolving from the Stempower technology, one of my favourite skincare brand now ushers in a new generation of anti-aging skincare with R.N.A (Radical New Age) Power. This skincare includes the revolutionary Pitera x R.N.A Complex, which holistically targets the multi-controller of firmness, to achieve lengthwise firmness x crosswise firmness by rejuvenating skin cells and promoting structural protein synthesis in every cell, all layer of the skin. 



The Products
SK-II bestselling moisturiser is upgraded with the new R.N.A Complex technology that claims to treat all 10 signs of ageing including loss of firmness, dryness, fine lines and wrinkles, sallowness, lack of resilience, visible pores, sagging skin, lack of radiance, roughness, and loss of tightened facial contours.

The R.N.A Power Radical New Age Essence was designed to improve emerging signs of ageing, specifically targeting the visibility of pores and skin texture.

My Thoughts
As usual, I like to try new skincare for at least a month before sharing my thoughts on them. I'm a big fan of SK-II's Facial Treatment Essence or also known as Miracle Water. It's my holy grail and one product that I will recommend for those interested to start investing in a high-end skincare product. Now, when these two R.N.A babies came along, it somewhat became a little too much of SK-II, I feel my skin can't take that sudden change of too much and possibly strong anti-ageing products on my skin. Thus, I stopped using the FTE and concentrate on these two new products.

It works much better but it's not as hydrating as my skin likes it. I feel the moisturiser is a little lighter than what my skin prefers, it's a velvety cream with a natural olive fragrance that does absorbs quickly into the skin, leaving a smooth finish. I like something a little thicker but this can be interpreted as oily and combination skin people finding this absolutely perfect.

The essence, on the other hand, is great. Love how it felt on my skin and great absorption power. For my skin, I think it did help with to reduce the visibility of pores, which is great! Though, realistically, I don't think I'll ever get to the point of being pore-less after 10 days of usage as claimed.

It's really hard to tell if it did do much on firmness and fine lines for me as I did Pelleve Treatment (Review) that's meant to enhance collagens and firmness during this testing period, so if anything, this skincare will just be for maintenance sake.

Packaging wise, can't say I don't love the luxurious glass bottle and container. The SK-II signature deep red and simple white wording makes me smile with a whole load of maturity. It just feels right, like a real woman.

My Recommendation
If you are still young, probably around 27 and below, just stick to their evergreen Miracle Water because I feel the R.N.A Power is meant for slightly mature skin or people with skin that's passed the whole "I need hydration" phase. Yes, anti-ageing skincare products are important, even for those early 20s, but really not these products. However, if you're crazy anxious about skin ageing (who doesn't), might I suggest starting with either one of these products, just to allow your skin to get familiarised and used to the whole anti-ageing ingredients. If you have oily or combination skin, the moisturiser will do wonders but if you have dry skin like mine, probably essence will be of better choice. There's really no harm trying because at the end of the day, these products will help to protect your skin and keep it strong due to the new ingredient.

Price
R.N.A Power Moisturiser 50g (RM373), 80g (RM561), 100g (RM599)
R.N.A Power Essence 30ml (RM419), 50ml (RM606), 75ml (RM862)

xo, 

Twitter |  Bloglovin | Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printing My 2014 Memories With Canon! [HUGE GIVEAWAY]